ScanStar Student is a Nordic packaging competition held by SPA, the Scandinavian Packaging Association. This competition will be organized by each national packaging association in turn in connection with the main competition, ScanStar.
All projects entered to the ScanStar Student must have been designed / completed during the ongoing academic year. Students of a Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian or Swedish university or university of applied sciences or equivalent institute can apply.
|Online entries close||June 1st 2023|
|Evaluation round||June 2023|
|Judging the entries||August 2023|
|Results announced||August 31st 2023|
Ready to register your project for the competition?
Please contact Terhi Varonen, terhi.varonen @ pakkaus.com
The registration email should include the following information:
- A short description of the advantage of the entry vs. current solutions (which of the judging criteria above is met and how)
- Name of the designers and/or group
- Addresses of the designers (post addresses and e-mail addresses)
- Phone number
- Name of the school/education affiliation the entrants are enrolled
- High resolution photos of the packaging project
- Other possible presentation materials, ie. links to the videos
Succeeding in the ScanStar Student competition entitles to an award certificate and will give access for student winners to take part in the WorldStar Student Packaging Competition. Updated rules for the WorldStar Student are published on the competition website.
The Scandinavian Packaging Association will not place the entry to the WorldStar Student Packaging Competition, but the entrant(s) country member of the SPA will do it. The application fee of the WorldStar Student Competition will also be paid by the SPA country member.