Rules – ScanStar Student
- The competition is organized virtually.
- The entries will go through an evaluation round, and the applicant(s) will be informed if they have been accepted in the competition.
- The entries do not need to be in physical form – an app, addition to packaging, logistics or environmental solution is also acceptable. No physical samples will be sent for the judging.
- All projects entered must have been designed / completed during the ongoing academic year.
- Applicants who have graduated within the year of the competition or are studying at the moment of entry will be accepted as students.
- Only students who study in a Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian or Swedish university or university of applied sciences or equivalent institute can apply. Entrants will have to state the name of the university they are enrolled.
- Each entrant may send more than one entry which fulfills the rules.
- Entries of groups will be accepted.
- The organizers will inform competitors of the schedule of award ceremony.
- Entry to the award ceremony (virtual and/or physical) is free. All costs related to the winner’s attendance to the award ceremony will be the responsibility of the winners themselves.
- All entry forms and documentation must be submitted in English.
- Entrants grant the organizers the right to reproduce their work in their printed and virtual-electronic publications, as well as their websites and all other media, for the promotion of this competition and the organizers.
- Entrants declare the originality of their design in connection with the registration. SPA and the national packaging association organizing the competition are not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of entrant. Entries without the declaration of originality will not be judged.
- New idea / new application
- Protection ability
- Price / cost savings
- Ease of use / convenience
Ole Anton Bakke, Packaging Manager Jotun, Norway
Lars Windeman, Volvo Cars, Sweden
Lars Lavrsen, Toms Gruppen, Denmark
Oona Casalengo, Senior Lecturer in LAB University of Applied Sciences, Finland
Leader of the Jury: Per Nordberg, The Norwegian Packaging Association